05 January, 2009

Heart of Life



Fifth day into the New Year.

Everything has just been quiet lately. The house feels quiet. It's like all the excitement that came with the new year suddenly just fizzled out. As if on cue, in comes the bitter cold days and all I want to do is just get myself wrapped up under the warm thick duvet.

That wasn't what I did just now though. Instead I opted to go for a jog and it felt so refreshing! One thing did puzzled me though. Where did my shoes go? I searched everywhere for it and nada. Did someone accidentally give them out to goodwill or something? Must have been supermum.

So off I went to Roath Park and found out I had only half an hour to go before the park closed.

So I jogged.

*Jog, jog, jog*

'What? Why is this pathway closed? Oh. Renovation. Pfft~'

*Jog, jog, jog*

'Eh? Is this bridge new?'

*Jog, jog, jog*

And I talked some more with myself while jogging (in my head). It's alright. Instead of a sign that I'm losing my mind, it's actually preventing me from losing it. XD
All the while watching the various behaviours of the people around. Kids playing, parents chasing after them, shouting at them to be careful, the elderly taking their walks while feeding the swans, schoolkids making their way home. It was just so lively and all felt good.

Then by the time I reached home, just as I step through the doorway and shut the door close behind me, it came. Again. The emptiness, the silence, just that hollow feeling you get at times you know?

But it's not just at times anymore. It's occurring more frequently now.

I should be on a cruise now. Some bigass gigantic ship with perhaps every single thing I could possibly want loaded into it. Of course people. Nah, maybe not people. Cats. Yeah~ That would be good enough. Ok, even better, people who love cats!

I have said my peace. I'm going to google for a cruise ship for cat lovers now ^___^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home